Have you been feeling lonely for a long time and all you want to do is sleep? Nothing can make you happy right now? If you suspected it was depression, you were right. There are several signs, so it is good to know what are the symptoms of depression.
Depression involves a mood disorder and a severe condition accompanied by numerous side effects. There are three types of depression:
- mild depression
- mean (transient) depression
- severely depressed condition
Common signs can make everyday life difficult. Apart from the fact that disorder will change your view of the world and present any problem much larger than it actually is, you will feel lonely because of this condition.
As much as it may seem that you are alone, this is not true because there are others who are struggling with this problem. To help you know if you belong to this group, the following are the most common signs:
- thoughts of suicide and death - such a condition does not manifest itself in the same way, with almost every person is different. While some are thinking of getting hurt, others are hoping for their own death because they feel that they would not miss anyone and that others would be better off without them. The best way to prevent suicide is to recognize the signs in time.
- a sense of sadness, hopelessness and emptiness - These feelings occur every day and are difficult to deal with without proper therapy.
- inability to make decisions - It has been shown that depression can impede concentration and prevent proper thinking. Therefore, making any simple decision will seem problematic.
- losing interest in the things that made you happy - you may lose interest in sex, hanging out with friends and hobbies you loved before.
- a sense of less worth and guilt - People with a psychiatric disorder may feel guilty for making small mistakes, for things they have no control over, and for things they are not guilty of.
- a feeling of tension and a short wick - get angry quickly and it takes a long time to calm down again.
Physical signs of depression
As there are already well-known psychological symptoms, it is good to know that there are also physical signs of depression:
- back pain - A study conducted at the University of Alberta shows that people with a psychiatric disorder are more likely to experience back pain than those who have not been diagnosed with a depressive condition.
- sleep problems - depressed people may have trouble sleeping, which is why they often stay awake until the morning.
- headache and migraine - research has made it clear that those who have experienced a severe mental state are three times more likely to experience migraines, while those who have had a migraine are five times more likely to become depressed.
- fatigue - no matter how much you sleep, you are eternally tired and exhausted. It is a condition that makes it possible to immediately identify a person who is not in the best mental health.
- Digestive problems - Nausea, constipation or diarrhea can be one of the signs of the disorder.
- chest pain - although in many cases this condition is associated with depression, it is necessary to go to a family doctor as soon as possible to instruct you to do further research as it can be a serious and serious illness.
Treatment of depression
Did you know that there are sentences you should never say to depressed people? No matter what you wish to support such a person, there is a possibility that you will inadvertently aggravate their condition.
Such persons should never be sent sentences such as:
"I understand how you feel" - if you know what clinical depression is because you have it too, it's clear how everyone experiences it in their own way. It would be best if you explained how you cannot imagine the current situation, but that it can always count on you.
“Get an antidepressant” - instead you should offer your help and say how anxious you are.
There are several ways to treat it and among the more famous ones are:
- problem solving therapy - concentrates on the current problems it seeks to solve.
- cognitive - behavioral therapy - in working with a therapist you will try to change your behavior.
- interpersonal therapy - concentrates on how the environment affects you and your relationship with people.
In addition to antidepressants and electroshock therapy, there is also a natural treatment for depression. It is important to respond to the weather so that the condition does not get worse and that they can enjoy life.
Author: S.Š., Photo: Charmer / Shutterstock